Friday, July 8, 2011

the Baby List - Your Titties and Their Substitutes - the First Three Months - Cont'd Again

Nipple Care
It just struck me that I hadn't given a special mention to the nipples.  During breastfeeding and at other times, there is nothing more painful or distracting then a cripple nipple.  So as well as good attachment, you can really help protect your nipples by using a great cream.

I've tried a few, the most effective far and wide is Lansinoh Lanolin cream, you can get it at any pharmacy.  Only get the small tube get a couple, keep one in your nappy bag and one by your chair at home.  This stuff is awesome, you can put it on before and after the feed, just wipe off the excess before you feed.

I recommend starting using it in the weeks before baby arrives, so that those nipples are in the best condition possible.

It kind of reminds me of when I used to milk the cows by hand, there was this lanolin cream that we used to apply to the udder before milking.  It worked a treat for the cows, no chaffing or cracking, and they had wonderfully soft udders.  Doesn't that bring a great, rural image to mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment